Yet another Migrant Worker Dies in Saudi
Thursday, 23 October, 2008 | 19:17 WIB

TEMPO Interactive, Grobogan:Musyarofah, an Indonesia migrant worker (TKI) from
Grobogan died without anyone knowing where she had worked in Saudi Arabia. "We
heard the news from the village chief who was contacted by phone by the agent
that arranged her job," said Waluyo, 42, the victim's husband yesterday.

The sad news was received by the Putat village chief, Suhadi, from an Overseas
Employment agent based in Grobogan last week. According to Waluyo, Musyarofah
used to work for an Abdullah in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for the last 18 months.
Sometime before the month of Ramadan, Waluyo received a call from his wife
saying she was unwell. "I told her to come home," Waluyo said.

The Grobogan Employment Service said they have received the report on
Musyarofah's death. "We got the report from her village chief," said Joko
Purwadi, head of Grobogan's Migrant Workers Training and Placement. "We are
having great difficulty bringing her remains home because the Indonesian
Embassy in Saudi Arabia still has not issued an official report," Joko

During this year, there have been at least eight illegal migrant workers from
Grobogan who died at their work place. Three of them died in Taiwan, three
others in Saudi Arabia, and two in Jordan and Singapore, respectively.

Meanwhile, the families of two workers from Banyumas who were victims of
domestic violence in Malaysia and Bahrain, last Tuesday came to the Banyumas
Legislative Council (DPRD) to complain. Puji Lestari, an Ajibarang resident, is
still in Malaysia. The other victim, Nur Hayati,a Lumbir resident working in
Bahrain, is suffering trauma due to alleged violence committed by her employer.

Widyaningrum, member of Banyumas DPRD's Commission D said she had communicated
with the related offices. "This office has coordinated efforts with the
companies to resolve the problem soonest," she said.

Kirim email ke