Udah pake burka masih disiram dengan asam..

Acid attack on Afghan schoolgirls
Attackers in Afghanistan have sprayed acid in the faces of at least 15 girls
near a school in Kandahar, police say.
They say that the attack happened shortly before at least six people
were killed in a bomb blast near a government building in the city.
Doctors say that the six girls were wearing Islamic burkas or veils which
provided them with some protection.
Correspondents say the attack is likely to have been carried out by those
opposed to the education of women.
A spokesman for the Taleban denied involvement in the attack.
The former Taleban government - ousted from power in 2001 - banned girls from
attending school.
'Not safe'
"We were going to school on foot when two unknown people on a
motorcycle came close to us and threw acid in our faces," 16-year-old
Atifa told the BBC.
"I want to ask the government that why they cannot
protect us, we girls want to study but the the government is not
helping us. We want better security."
She said that the attack took place on Wednesday morning outside the Mirwais
Nika Girls High School.
Officials say that that two attackers used a toy gun to spray the acid
and fled as soon as people came to the assistance of the girls.
Atifa said she did not know why anyone would have attacked her and the others.
"I don't know why they did it," she said. "Kandahar is not safe. But we can't
stay home, we want an education."
The BBC's Ian Pannell in Kabul says that the incident has shocked ordinary
Afghans.
Nato-led forces in Afghanistan condemned the attack as cowardly.
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/south_asia/7724505.stm

Published: 2008/11/12 13:28:00 GMT

© BBC MMVIII