http://www.arabnews.com/?page=9&section=0&article=116604&d=24&m=11&y=2008

Sunday 23 November 2008 (26 Dhul Qa`dah 1429)

      Harun Yahya: Win over Darwinism
      P.K. Abdul Ghafour | Arab News

            Harun Yahya urges people to investigate allegations against him
before believing anything.

      Harun Yahya is the pen name of Adnan Oktar, a prominent Turkish
intellectual and writer based in Istanbul. His research findings, proving the
fallacy of Darwinism, have won him international acclaim. A strong advocate of
Turkish Islamic Union, Yahya believes that the formation of such a union would
solve many problems facing the Muslim world today.

      Speaking to Arab News in Istanbul, he said he was seeking a world of
peace and love. "I am dreaming of a world where all people live together in
peace and harmony. I also want to see terrorism and violence eliminated,
sectarian differences and conflicts among Muslims eradicated and the Islamic
faith and ethics promoted across the world."

      Yahya has so far published over 300 books of which 60 have been
translated into different languages including Arabic, English, French, Russian
and Spanish. "I have written and published over 45,000 pages. About 80 million
copies of my books have been downloaded from our websites in 2008. These are
astonishing numbers which show that people are interested in my work and this
makes me extremely happy," he said.

      Yahya's books and documentaries, based on the teachings of the Qur'an and
Sunnah, have been instrumental in deepening the faith of Muslims in God and
making young Muslim men and women proud of their religion. Many television
stations around the world telecast his documentaries that reaffirm the
existence and power of God. His analytical writings on Darwinism, atheist
Zionism, Marxism and Freemasonry have helped in exposing the hollowness of
these ideologies.

      The Turkish scholar applauded Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King
Abdullah for his efforts to promote inter-faith dialogue at the international
level. "I have been observing King Abdullah's activities very closely. He's a
very sincere person and a true believer. I respect his decisions and ideas
because I know that he is working to promote world peace."

      During his detailed interview with Arab News, Yahya also spoke about his
ideas to end the protracted Arab-Israeli conflict. "The solution to this
conflict needs to be as simple as possible in order to enable people in the
region to live in unity and friendship," he said.

      He praised the Arab peace initiative, originally proposed by King
Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, saying it should not be ignored.

      "The real problem in Israel lies in the fact that it is governed by
atheist Zionists from behind the scenes. We have to get rid of these Masonic
forces so that Muslims and Jews can govern it. Judaism is an old version of
Islam. With the passage of time, it underwent a lot of distortions and changes.
The true believers of Judaism are not the ones governing Israel now," he
pointed out.

      The Turkish Islamic Union is one of Yahya's fond dreams. He says:
"Muslims have a Qur'anic obligation to act in unison as brothers. The Turkish
Islamic Union is essential to achieve that goal. The Muslim and Turkic states
must come together under the umbrella of this union in which every state will
deal with its internal affairs independently and work together to realize their
common objectives."

      He said the Turkish Islamic Union has the potential to open up to all
countries of the world. "It will have no enemies because it will have the
ability to transform enemies into friends," he said. About 95 percent of people
in the Islamic and Turkic states are looking forward to such a union. "The only
thing we need to do is to encourage our heads of state and politicians to form
it. People are already talking about a customs union, a common market and a
single currency. It shows people in their minds have already accepted such a
union." He is optimistic that the Turkish Islamic Union could become a reality
within the next 10 years.

      Yahya favors Turkey's attempt to become a full member of the European
Union. However, he argued that Turkey should become the leader of Islamic Union
first before becoming an EU member in order to strengthen its position. "Turkey
would not benefit from its EU membership if it wins it now because Europe wants
to have southeastern Turkey including Cyprus and Istanbul and that is not at
all acceptable," he stated.

      Most Turkish people are religious and their women wear headscarves, he
said. "It is true that wearing headscarves is not allowed in public
institutions such as schools and universities but this is not the decision of
the Turkish people. It is the decision of the Constitutional Court and a diktat
of the Constitutional Law. Hopefully, this would be changed in the future. If
the current law does not permit women to wear headscarves, we cannot say they
would not be allowed in the future too."

      A fierce opponent of Darwinism, Yahya takes the credit for defeating the
theory of evolution. "First, we offered Darwinists around the world 100 million
fossils, which prove that this world came into being as a result of God's
creationism and not because of evolution. Second, Darwin wrote in his books
that people have to find transitional forms to prove the theory of evolution,
but nobody has been able to find a single transitional form. Third, Darwinists
claim that the first cell came into being as a coincidence. But it is
impossible for even a single protein to be formed by chance. Fourth, we have
proved that the skulls that were displayed as evidence of evolution are fake.
Darwinism cannot explain how we can see or hear or sense with the support of
our brain."

      Polls conducted by newspapers in Germany, France, Switzerland and Denmark
showed that 85-90 percent of Europeans no longer believed in the theory of
evolution.

      According to Yahya, the 9/11 attacks in the US, the invasion of
Afghanistan and Iraq, the defeat of the Iraqi military and the global financial
crisis are signs of the second coming of Jesus (peace be upon him). "Prophet
Muhammad (peace be upon him) has already given these signs. The continuing
wars, bloodshed, hopelessness, etc. show that the time for the arrival of
Messiah is approaching," he said. "The arrival of Messiah will bring about a
golden age where people are happy and with a lot of wealth."

      Asked about the allegation Yahya does not believe that Prophet Muhammad
was the last prophet, he said: "This allegation could have been spread by the
misunderstanding of a certain group of people who are not happy with the second
coming of Jesus (pbuh) and the things that I have explained about it. Our
Prophet (may God bless him and grant him peace) is the last prophet and the
last messenger with a book. No other prophet or messenger with a book will ever
come again. I have clearly mentioned that when Jesus (pbuh) comes, he would not
bring a new Shariah or a new message or a new sacred book. He will come as a
Muslim and follow the Shariah of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)."

      Yahya refuted allegations that the Qur'an promotes terrorism. "Islam is a
religion of peace and it promotes virtue and tolerance. It stresses
brotherhood. The Qur'an says very clearly that if you kill one innocent person,
it amounts to killing the whole mankind.

      Referring to the accusations against Abul A'ala Moudoodi and Syed Qutb
that their books promoted terrorism, he said: "I have read their books
carefully and have not seen anything encouraging terrorism and violence. I
believe that they were very sincere Muslims and true believers. Those who
criticize them or find faults with them should go through their books again and
read them carefully."

      He highlighted the efforts of his organization, Global Publishing, to
spread the message of the Qur'an and Sunnah in English through his websites
harunyahya.com and harunyahya.net. "We have plans to publish a translation of
the Qur'an in English and produce Islamic movies but they are projects that
need a lot of time and funds. If God bestows upon us such material means, we'll
try to implement them."

      Yahya recalled French President Nicholas Sarkozy's encouraging comments
after reading his book, Atlas of Creation. "Sarkozy said that in everyone's
heart the love of God resides. It is God who constantly sends to people the
messages of humility and love, peace and brotherhood, and tolerance and
respect. We should conform to those messages. God does not enslave man but
frees him." Atlas of Creation, he said, had also influenced former French
President Jacques Chirac and former British Premier Tony Blair.

      Yahya urged Muslims not to believe in the false accusations made against
him by those who oppose his views and ideas. "Atheist Zionists, Masons and
Darwinists spread these allegations because they want to silence me. If you
have any doubts or questions, feel free to ask me directly or email to my
website. We will be glad to answer them. God has urged believers to investigate
accusations before believing them," he said

<<pixel.gif>>

<<yahya23_.jpg>>

Kirim email ke