DIMULAI dg larangan melakukan Yoga (sekedar the physical side of
things), nanti akan merembet ke Taichi, Pilate, Pencak-silat, Seudati,
Poco2, Kuda lumping, Jaipong, Cakalele, dan puluhan bentuk expressi
budaya setempat karena semuanya ini tidak dikenal di budaya Arab abad

Matilah awak. Matilah budaya Nusantara. Hidup budaya padang pasir nun
jauh di sana!

Gabriela Rantau

--- In zamanku@yahoogroups.com, "Sunny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> MUI investigates yoga, tells Muslims to suspend practicing
> The Jakarta Post ,  Jakarta   |  Tue, 11/25/2008 8:20 PM  |  National
> The Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) is telling Indonesian Muslims to
stop practicing yoga while the council investigates the practice after
public concern rose when a Malaysian top Muslim body banned the
> MUI head of edict affairs said Tuesday the council would invite yoga
experts to explain the practice within the next two weeks.
> "We will let them explain it to us before we issue an edict on the
practice," he said as quoted by Tempointeraktif.com
> The council plans to study whether yoga includes rituals, actions or
teachings that run counter to Islamic teachings.
> Last week Malaysia's National Fatwa Council, which has the authority
to rule over how Muslims practice their faith, issued an edict banning
Muslims from practicing yoga, saying the Indian physical exercise
contains spiritual elements including chanting and Hindu worship
practices that could corrupt Muslims.
> Many analysts have said the edict reflects the growing strain of
conservatism in Malaysia. The majority of Malaysians are Muslim. (dre)

Kirim email ke