Artikel di bawah ini yg ditulis oleh seorang wartawan Arab-Islam  sangat
disturbing krn secara jujur memberitakan persecution thdp umat Kristiani
di negara2 Arab. Jelas bhw penindasan dan perlakuan tidak adil dan
manusiawi ini adalah direct result dari ajaran Islam yg menganggap
non-Muslim adalah najis dan halal untuk diperlakukan dg keras dan jahat.

Gabriela Rantau

Excerpts from an article written by Palestinian Muslim reporter, Abd
Al-Nasser Al-Najjar.

"Christians are being persecuted not only in Iraq, but in most Arab
countries, regardless of their numbers there. They are subjected to
every possible kind of discrimination, as well as expulsion. The problem
is that it is not only Arab officials who are remaining silent [in the
face of these crimes] – [they do so] because their primitive
mentality is centered on the cult of the ruler – but, alarmingly, so
are Arab intellectuals, the elites, non-government organizations, and
leaders of the private sector. All these groups look on at these
unprecedented [acts of] folly without apprehending the danger with which
these crimes are fraught.

"Statistics show that in 2005 the number of Christians in Iraq was as
high as 800,000. By early 2008, it had dropped by half, [indicating]
that 50 percent of Iraqi Christians had been expelled from their homes
and lands.

"Today, this problem is also rampant in Egypt, Lebanon, Algeria, and
Palestine – and while the situation may be slightly different in
Palestine, the trend is the same.

"Let us be honest with ourselves and courageously say out loud that
Palestinian Christians are taking many severe blows, yet are suffering
in silence so as not to attract attention. I do not refer here to the
suffering caused by the occupation. but to actions of the past 20 years
at least – that is, since the beginning of the occupation in 1967
– involving the confiscation of Christian property, especially in
Bethlehem, Ramallah, and Al-Birah.

"What makes things worse is that those who are plundering [the
Christians`] property are either powerful [in their own right] or are
backed by various elements, among them high-ranking military officials
or influential members of large clans.

"Attempts by the political leadership to partially rectify this
situation have failed. Nor has the judiciary system been able to
[resolve] many of the problems, which we still face today. Over the past
few years, several of my Christian friends have told me of the harm they
have suffered, including various threats, even death threats, for trying
to gain access to their lands after they were taken over by influential
Bethlehem residents.

"Furthermore, there has been an attempt to marginalize Christian culture
in Palestine, even though it is rich and deeply rooted [there]. This
began with [accusations] of unbelief [against Christians] – a move
that ultimately harmed Palestinian society as a whole.

"Despite all the injustices [against the Christians], no one has seen or
heard of any constructive action to curb it and to [defend] the
Christians` rights – whether by the elites, by any of the three
branches (executive, legislative, and judiciary), by non-government
organizations, or even by the political factions themselves. [Such
action should have been forthcoming] not out of kindness and compassion,
but [due to] regarding Palestinian Christians as indigenous to this
land, and [therefore] no different from us, with the same rights and
obligations [as Muslims].

"But the most fundamental problem here may be related to culture. We
continue to instill a horrific culture in our children, one that sees
Christians as infidels. and as `the other.` We need an injection of
humanistic and national awakening; we must raise an outcry and stand up
to restore the Christians` rights, of which they have been deprived
– [and we must do this] in order to preserve the demographic
balance, which will safeguard the unity of our homeland and the justness
the Palestinian cause.

"[Let us] remember that the tribes of Arabia were Christian. The best
writers and poets were Christian, as were [many] warriors and
philosophers. It is they who bore the banner of pan-Arabism. The first
Palestinian university was established by Christians.

"Enough [examples]! It is not words that we need, but progressive
attitudes, and the truth, so that it can be presented to tyrannical
rulers, and so that clerics and old men will not be the only Christians
left in the Holy Land and in the city of [Jesus`] birth." 29 November
2008

Kirim email ke