Ilmuwan  terus saja melengkapi serta menyempurnakan teori evolusi Darwin..

Tapi orang Islam dan orang Nasrani yang dung-dungu kayak anjing masih saja
bersedia melahap omong kosong dan kibulan  yagn ada di Bible dan al-Mushaf
tentang Tuhan yangt dikibulkan mencptakan Adam dan Hawa (Eva)..

Lagian nggak ada bukti bahwa Tuhan yang diriwayatkan Bible dan al-Mushaf
itumemagn ada...

Yang ada cumanomong kosong dan kibulandoang.

---------

Print | Close this window
Digital scans of "Lucy" take pre-humans inside out
Sat Feb 7, 2009 5:53am EST

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Digital X-rays have turned Lucy, perhaps the world's
best-known pre-human, inside out, and may answer questions about how our
ancestors came down from the trees and walked, scientists said on Friday.

The team at the University of Texas in Austin, in collaboration with the
Ethiopian government, completed the first high-resolution computed tomography
or CT scan of the human ancestor, who lived 3.2 million years ago.

"These scans we've completed at the University of Texas permit us to look at
the internal architecture -- how her bones are built," anthropology professor
John Kappelman, who helped lead the work scanning all 80 pieces of the
skeleton, told Reuters in an interview.

Scientists hope studying a "virtual" Lucy will offer further clues about the
human ancestor's lifestyle. Lucy, found in Ethiopia in 1974, is the
best-preserved example of Australopithecus, a species of pre-human.

"It opens it up to people who, instead of having to travel to some distant
museum to see the original, can actually call it up on the desktop," Kappelman
said.

Kappelman said the scans could tell more about how Lucy's bones fit together --
and thus whether she and her kind climbed trees as well as walked.

"We're quite certain this set of studies we're going to be conducting here with
the CT data are going to go some distance to resolving this long-standing
question," Kappelman said.

Lucy's fossil is visiting the United States as part of a world premiere exhibit
organized by the Houston Museum of Natural Science. The 3-foot- (1-meter) tall
skeleton is about 40 percent complete.

"It's going to help us fill us in what was one of the earlier stages ... of our
evolution to really better understand the behaviors of an extinct cousin. In
some ways it's like ... being able to tune the time machine back to 3 million
years ago, jump in and pop back and be able to reconstruct what this fossil was
doing on a day-to-day basis," Kappelman said.

"She's arguably now and I think will be for a long time, the most famous fossil
on planet Earth," he added.

(Editing by Maggie Fox and Peter Cooney)

© Thomson Reuters 2008. All rights reserved. Users may download and print
extracts of content from this website for their own personal and non-commercial
use only. Republication or redistribution of Thomson Reuters content, including
by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written
consent of Thomson Reuters. Thomson Reuters and its logo are registered
trademarks or trademarks of the Thomson Reuters group of companies around the
world.
Thomson Reuters journalists are subject to an Editorial Handbook which requires
fair presentation and disclosure of relevant interests.