Masyalloh!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: teddy sunardi
  Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:24 PM
  Subject: [zamanku] U.S. Muslim TV network founder charged with beheading wife

  http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre51f4zx-us-bridgestv-murder/

  NEW YORK, Feb. 16, 2009 (Reuters) — The founder of a U.S. Muslim television
network has been arrested and charged with murdering his wife by beheading her,
the network's Web site and local media reported.
  Muzzammil Hassan, founder and CEO of Buffalo, N.Y.-based Bridges TV which
launched in 2004 with a mission to show Muslims in a more positive light, was
charged after reporting the death of his wife, Aasiya Hassan, 37, on Thursday
night.

  After Hassan, 44, told police his wife was at the Bridges TV offices, in the
village of Orchard Park, they found her body there, beheaded, The Buffalo News
reported.

  Authorities said Aasiya Hassan, with whom Hassan had two children, had
recently filed for divorce and had an order of protection mandating that he
leave their home as of February 6.

  He was being held in a county detention center charged with second-degree
murder.

  "Our deepest condolences and prayers go out to the families of the victim," a
statement on the network's Web site said on Monday. "We request that their
right to privacy be respected."

  "There had been problems before and there had been prior incidents of
physical abuse," Corey Hogan, whose law firm Hogan Willig represented Aasiya
Hassan in the divorce proceeding, told the newspaper.

  (Editing by Alan Elsner)

Kirim email ke