*Indonesia named second best travel destination in Asia*

 Source: http://english.sina.com/life/2009/0313/225663.html

JAKARTA, March 13 (Xinhua) -- Indonesia was ranked second in GoAsia's The
Best Travel Destination in Asia after Thailand while Malaysia was placed as
the third best, the Jakarta Post reported quoting the Indonesia Foreign
Ministry as saying on Friday.

Go Asia, a German tourism institution, invited travel agents from all over
the world to participate in the voting process on Wednesday in Berlin. The
body also gave awards for Asia's best tourism organizations or tourism
boards, airlines and tour operators.

Go Asia initiative was started in 2003 to enhance marketing in
German-speaking regions. Sapta Nirwandar, Indonesian Culture and Tourism
Ministry's director general of marketing, said Friday that the award was a
proof that tourism, which contributed 7.5 billion U.S. dollars to the
country's income in 2008, was able to survive in the global economy
slowdown.

"We have to keep working hard to turn this economic slowdown as a chance to
boost our tourism," he said. Sapta added that the number of German tourists
visiting Indonesia had increased by 22.6 percent in 2008 compared to the
previous year.***

 Get your preferred Email name!
<http://sg.rd.yahoo.com/aa/mail/domainchoice/mail/signature/*http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/aa/>