--- Pada Kam, 8/7/10, Perry Marshall <pe...@cosmicfingerprints.com> menulis:

Dari: Perry Marshall <pe...@cosmicfingerprints.com>
Judul: Where did the Universe Come From? Part 1 (for Amir -
mramir6...@yahoo.co.id)
Kepada: "Amir" <mramir6...@yahoo.co.id>
Tanggal: Kamis, 8 Juli, 2010, 8:03 PM

Where did the Universe come from?

Part 1: Einstein's Big Blunder

If you have questions, post them at:

http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/blog/einsteins-big-blunder/

Amir,

   100 years ago, Albert Einstein published

three papers that rocked the world.  These papers

proved the existence of the atom, introduced the

theory of relativity, and described quantum

mechanics.

   Pretty good debut for a 26 year old scientist, huh?

   His equations for relativity indicated that the universe

was expanding.  This bothered him, because if it was

expanding, it must have had a beginning and a beginner.

Since neither of these appealed to him, Einstein introduced

a 'fudge factor' that ensured a 'steady state' universe,

one that had no beginning or end.

   But in 1929, Edwin Hubble showed that the furthest

galaxies were fleeing away from each other, just as the

Big Bang model predicted.  So in 1931, Einstein embraced

what would later be known as the Big Bang theory, saying,

"This is the most beautiful and satisfactory explanation

of creation to which I have ever listened."  He referred

to the 'fudge factor' to achieve a steady-state universe

as the biggest blunder of his career.

   As I'll explain during the next couple of days,

Einstein's theories have been thoroughly proved and

verified by experiments and measurements.  But there's

an even more important implication of Einstein's discovery.

Not only does the universe have a beginning, but time

itself, our own dimension of cause and effect, began

with the Big Bang.

   That's right -- time itself does not exist before

then.  The very line of time begins with that creation

event.  Matter, energy, time and space were created

in an instant by an intelligence outside of space

and time.

   About this intelligence, Albert Einstein wrote

in his book "The World As I See It" that the harmony

of natural law "Reveals an intelligence of such superiority

that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting

of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection."*

   He went on to write, "Everyone who is seriously

involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced

that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe--

a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in

the face of which we with our modest powers must feel

humble."*

   Pretty significant statement, wouldn't you say?

   Stay tuned for tomorrow's installment:  "Bird Droppings

on my Telescope."

Respectfully Submitted,

Perry Marshall

*Einstein quotes are from "Einstein and Religion: Physics and

Theology" by Max Jammer

If you have questions, post them at:
http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/blog/einsteins-big-blunder/

Cosmic Fingerprints, 67 East Algonquin Road, S. Barrington IL 60010 USA

To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:

http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?TEycHMystCycrEwMHGzMtGa0jBxsLKxM

Kirim email ke