Hey Martin,

Yeah I think the IMAP timeout settings could be the culprit. I can see the
email going out via SMTP almost immediately, but it seems like it takes
anywhere from 2-5 minutes for the emails to appear via IMAP on both my
phone and via webmail, which is just enough time for zammad to timeout the
request and return a failure event. Any idea where I could increase this
timeout on my installation so that I could see if increasing it solves the
problem or see if maybe it is another issue? I will also look through the
code myself, I've done a little Ruby on Rails in my time :P Thanks!

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 12:38:16 AM UTC-7, Martin Edenhofer wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> thanks for feedback. One more detail for 3):
>
> Zammad is sending an email via outbound channel (SMTP) to inbound channel
> (IMAP) and will watch for this email 45 seconds (this will be done 2 times).
>
> In our tests this 45 sec. was more as enough for all tested email provides
> more as (expecting yahoo - here we discovered sporadically that an emails
> sent to my own mailbox takes up to 10 minutes).
>
> Any feedback about your scenario would be fine!
>
>  -Martin
>
> Am Montag, 17. April 2017 03:27:25 UTC+2 schrieb Charles Shisler:
>>
>> Thanks for replying.
>>
>> I can see the multiple emails that are being sent via zammad per attempt.
>> I see them in my Inbox via webmail and using outlook on my iPhone. The
>> emails do see to come a bit slow though. I was thinking it could be a
>> timeout that I need to increase something but I haven't dug too far into
>> the project yet.
>>
>> On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 12:33:43 AM UTC-7, Martin Edenhofer wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Charles,
>>>
>>> Zammad is doing the following procedure to configure successful an email
>>> account.
>>>
>>> 1) Verify if incoming (IMAP  or POP3) is working (based on auto detected
>>> settings or on manuell entered settings).
>>> 2) Verify if outgoing (SMTP or Sendmail/Postifix) is working (based on
>>> auto detected settings or on manuell entered settings).
>>> 3) Sending and email via outgoing channel to incoming channel and verify
>>> if this email arrived in the incoming channel (IMAP/POP3).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/zammad-users/02a1cd8a-8f89-4b71-9dc8-54abb954df13%40googlegroups.com.