Hi Scott,

Yes you can. Just put your example xml into zanata.xml it should work.
<includes>
          moduleA/src/main/resources/another/path/messages.properties,

moduleA/src/main/resources/another/path/CommonConstants.properties,
          moduleB/src/main/resources/path2/SpecificConstants.properties,
          moduleC/src/main/resources/path3/ConsoleErrors.properites
    </includes>

For rules pattern, it's designed to handle translation files. e.g. how to
find or where to put a translation file for a given source document. For
properties project, you probably don't need to do anything special
(translation files most likely will just sit besides its source document.

On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 5:40 AM, Scott Dickerson <sdick...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my multi-module maven project I have a bunch of properties files that
> need to be translated and a bunch that do not.  So far, the files to
> include have been explicitly specified via the includes command line
> argument (or the same argument in my root pom.xml).
>
> My question is, can I replace the includes list with a set of rules in
> zanata.xml?  It would be great to encapsulate all of the zanata
> configurations in zanata.xml and not have to rely on a shell script or
> config in pom.xml.
>
> The current include list looks like this:
>
>     <includes>
>           moduleA/src/main/resources/another/path/messages.properties,
>
> moduleA/src/main/resources/another/path/CommonConstants.properties,
>           moduleB/src/main/resources/path2/SpecificConstants.properties,
>           moduleC/src/main/resources/path3/ConsoleErrors.properites
>     </includes>
>
> I've tried a few combinations of putting those paths in rule patterns or
> rule bodies along with the substitution strings.  Nothing has really worked
> so far.
>
> Any ideas?  Can I do what I'm trying to do?
>
> Thank,
> Scott
>
> --
> Scott Dickerson