Hi all

This weekend SysOps will be patching our internal systems against the
Meltdown vulnerability. At this time, patches are only available for RHEL
kernel and Red Hat OpenStack. Unfortunately, in order to fully mitigate
both Spectre and Meltdown, SysOps will need to do multiple rounds of
updates requiring several outages over the next coming weeks.

This weekend’s maintenance will be the first round of updates to patch for
the Meltdown vulnerability.

We will utilize the previously advertised /mnt/redhat outage window for
this work:  8:00 AM US EST (13:00 UTC) Friday January 12 to 8:00 AM US EST
(13:00 UTC) Saturday January 13.

As mentioned in the official documentation [1], [2], these patches may
impact performance. We will be applying known fixes if we encounter any
issues. Once the maintenance window is over, please report any issues to
pnthelp.redhat.com.

[1] -
https://access.redhat.com/security/vulnerabilities/speculativeexecution
[2] - https://access.redhat.com/articles/3307751

Regards,

MARC RAAZ

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION

SYSOPS, PNT DEVOPS

Red Hat QLD <https://www.redhat.com/>

193 North Quay

Brisbane QLD 4000