Raymond,

You sound just like me.  Same age.  Same fascination with Zane Grey and
the unbelievable portraits he paints of a time long past.

My thrill was with reading the tapesties of images in the Riders of the
Purple Sage.. the prehistoric dwellings, the wild horses.   Or the
rites of passage in Western Union... or the bravery and friendships he
depicts, on both sides of the law.    I am a big fan of Mr Grey and his
wonderful escapes into yesteryear.. and the old West.

I was beginning reading The Wanderer of the Wastland the year I visited
Phoenix, and then realized immediately he was describing that area,
although it was hardly populated or well known as a hub bub of
civilization when he wrote.

Wish you much success.  Look to Ebay or to Shenandoah Books and others
where you can find the Western novels, sometimes in batches, and
rebuild a collection, and derive much pleasure from the rereads.

My best to you my friend,

Steve

--- In zanegrey@yahoogroups.com, "Raymond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Friends,I'm new to the group and I would like to introduce
> myself.I'm 55years old and I love reading.I'm very intrested in
> history and life when things were a little more simple and isolated.I
> can still remembet the first Zane Grey book I ever read,it was the
> Thundering Herd.I was 14 and the teacher made everyone in class  read
> at least one book that month.I took the book home and didn't look at
> it for a week.Finally after a week I opened it and never let it down
> till I had read it from first to last page.I was in another world!!The
> way he described the scenery,the animals,the colorful characters and
> how they were thinking.It was as if I was there...Anyways with the
> years I collected about every book he had ever written and I was so
> proud of my collection and would re-read many of them.In 2006 my whole
> collection was destroyed by fire.I've been trying to start a new
> collection but it's hard to get going again.Well,again thank you all
> for accepting me in your group and I hope to hear from you soon."Thank
> You Zane Grey"

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional