Hello Raymond,

You sound just like me.  Same age.  Same fascination with Zane Grey and the unbelievable portraits he paints of a time long past.

My thrill was with reading the tapesties of images in the Riders of the Purple Sage.. the prehistoric dwellings, the wild horses.   Or the rites of passage in Western Union... or the bravery and friendships he depicts, on both sides of the law.    I am a big fan of Mr Grey and his wonderful escapes into yesteryear.. and the old West.

I was beginning reading The Wanderer of the Wastland the year I visited Phoenix, and then realized immediately he was describing that area, although it was hardly populated or well known as a hub bub of civilization when he wrote.

Wish you much success.  Look to Ebay or to Shenandoah Books and others where you can find the Western novels, sometimes in batches, and rebuild a collection, and derive much pleasure from the rereads.

My best to you my friend,

Steve

Book author Child book author Zane grey