In a message dated 9/24/04 2:50:41 AM Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I have a copy of this taken from the recently released *Wanna Buy Some Acid
?* digipack boot.

On my copy BHAFA is at the end of disc 1 not the start of disc 2.Also on
this version YM fades out and is not the replaced version noted in Jim's
mail.

The bonus *filler* cuts remain intact and are indeed not as good quality as
the rest of the show.
-That's the other thing, the selection of bonus tracks seems to have changed somewhere along the line. I think the ones on my consist of a sbd recording of "Dinah-Moe Humm", the version of "Watermelon in Easter Hay" that's on MitB (was that 2/1578?) as well as the 2/3/76 "Black Napkins" and the Old Masters LP version of "Find Her Finer" (both of which also appeared on MitB).

--Milhouse

I'm afraid that was my doing. As it turned out the bonus tracks were actually from the same show but from a different source. The audio quality was so reduced from the sound of the first source that after I had sent the original Vine discs to Larry I began to tinker with disc 2 a bit for my own listening pleasure. The first thing I found was that "watermelon on easter hay" from the same date was on MITB. Knowing that MITB had been well remastered I replaced it with the MITB version. Perhaps due to over consumption of tities & beer that night I proceeded to alter disc 2 further in the manner reflected below. In the middle of doing so I received an email from Larry telling me that the disc 2 he had received for the vine had sync errors and was unsuitable for vining. (bad CDR media I guess? (damn Sony's)) So I got together another mailing and included both the original disc 2, my new disc 2 and the flac files for disc 2. I never did know for sure what version of disc 2 Larry sent out for the vine. I realize I may have committed a cardinal sin here altering a show and beg for leniency.

It also occurs to me that some of us my be unclear about the difference between a vine and a weed or tree. It's my understanding that in a vine situation it's the original vine discs that should be passed on from person to person. The copy is what is kept for personal use. If this method is used everyone gets the same exact product. If someone goofs up and inserts a 2 second gap between songs it should only be on their own copy. In a weed however multiple copies are made and distribution goes quicker.

Here is my complete text file for the show that reflects any changes I made.

Disc 1:
01. Inst/Band Intro
02. Dancing fool
03. Peaches en regalia
04. The torture never stops
05. Trying to grow a chin
06. City of tiny lights
07. baby snakes
08. Pound for a brown
09. Chat about: "German groupie"
10. I have been in you
11. Flakes
DISC 2:
01. Broken hearts are for assholes
02. King kong
03. White person
04. wild love
05. yo mama (fades out) + Replaced w/Yo Mama (live, 2/15/78) ten day's befor? No fade out.

filler Or was thought to be. See *
06. san berdino + Replaced w/San Ber'Dino (live 1979)
07. watermelon on easter hay + Replaced w/Watermelon in Easter Hay (live, 2/25/78) MITB (same show)
08. dinah-moe humm (left alone)
09. Black Napkins + Replaced w/Black Napkins (live 2/3/76, Osaka, Japan)
10. + Find Her Finer (Old Masters version) It just seemed to fit ;-)

Personnel:
Frank Zappa,    lead guitar
Terry Bozzio,   Drums
Adrian Belew,   Guitar
Patric O'Hearn, Bass
Ed Mann,        percussion
Tommy Mars,     keyboards
Peter Wolf,     keyboards

The final 4 tracks are from another show/source
and the quality is not as good as the rest
but it was on the boot I received so I left them alone.

* New informaition about the aforementioned 4 tracks from ezeytree user.

The last 4 tracks IS from this show, but a less good source...

25-Feb 1978, Hemmerleinhalle, Neunkirchen am Brand, West Germany
90 min, SBD, A+/A
Intro, Dancin' Fool, Peaches En Regalia, Torture Never Stops (q: Cat Scratch Fever), Tryin' To Grow A Chin, City Of Tiny Lights, Baby Snakes, Pound For A Brown, I Have Been In You, Flakes, Broken Hearts Are For Assholes, King Kong (incl White Person, YCDTOSA 6), Wild Love, Yo Mama
25 min, SBD, B
San Ber'dino, Watermelon In Easter Hay, Dinah-Moe Humm, Black Napkins

I have a copy of this taken from the recently released *Wanna Buy Some Acid
?* digipack boot.

On my copy BHAFA is at the end of disc 1 not the start of disc 2.Also on
this version YM fades out and is not the replaced version noted in Jim's
mail.

The bonus *filler* cuts remain intact and are indeed not as good quality as
the rest of the show.
-That's the other thing, the selection of bonus tracks seems to have changed somewhere along the line. I think the ones on my consist of a sbd recording of "Dinah-Moe Humm", the version of "Watermelon in Easter Hay" that's on MitB (was that 2/1578?) as well as the 2/3/76 "Black Napkins" and the Old Masters LP version of "Find Her Finer" (both of which also appeared on MitB).

--Milhouse

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor