Stationed there in the Navy for 3 years...'78 - '81.
Every two weeks I received a paycheck that was my 'mad money' - 250 bucks. With vinyl at the X-change going for $4, or less, I would often come home on payday with 60+ albums (that I would then record to cassette, and bring the ones I didn't care to keep to the used record shop).
I still left their country with over 900 vinyl albums, as the shipping back here was free. That collection has now been whittled down to my FZ vinyl, and about 75 - or so - LPs I just couldn't part with...
What you just kept nipping over to Japan every month or so ;-)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here