Ooo, lots of politics. Frank would be proud.

It's important to vote - 2000 proved that. Your vote does count (when it's
counted, that is).

Take a look at the DVD "Unprecedented" about the 2000 election, and the
crooked on-goings in Florida. If you weren't convinced the Bushes were
criminals before you watch it, you will be afterward. Impeach Bush NOW!

I'm for Nader, but he's not on the ballot in Texas, so I can't vote for him.
And I wouldn't anyway, since I think it would just dilute the Kerry (AKA
anti-Bush) vote. It's most important to get rid of Bush NOW, reclaim our
international friendships, and take a different approach in Iraq. But as for
the way the country works, through Congress and the Supreme Court, I don't
know how much either major party will allow to change, because it fucks with
their power base too much.

Check out the definition of the term "fascist" and see if it doesn't fit our
government today. This is from dictionary.com:

"A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a
dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition
through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent
nationalism and racism."

Sound familiar?

And check out Thom Hartmann, who I first heard of on the "Unprecedented" DVD
extras. http://www.thomhartmann.com/ Here's a quote from one of his
articles, "The Ghost of Vice President Wallace Warns: 'It Can Happen Here.'"
http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0719-15.htm Wallace was Roosevelt's Vice
President from 1941-45.

"The really dangerous American fascists," Wallace wrote, "are not those who
are hooked up directly or indirectly with the Axis. The FBI has its finger
on those. The dangerous American fascist is the man who wants to do in the
United States in an American way what Hitler did in Germany in a Prussian
way. The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to
poison the channels of public information. With a fascist the problem is
never how best to present the truth to the public but how best to use the
news to deceive the public into giving the fascist and his group more money
or more power."

So, you think it can't happen here?

smt

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/jGKolB/TM