Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] need some quick help, please

REALLY SORRY to hear about your hard disc Mike. What a bummer!

I haven't got the show in question, but I do have a suggestion.
If you can't get back what you've lost then PLEASE ask all of us, I'm
sure that between us we may be able to replace at least some of what
you've lost.
I have a number of 'questionable' origin programs that may match, and
most of us have a stash of shows.. I'm sure between all of us we'd be
able to help out a bit.

Best of luck with the little sucker.

Cris

On 17 Nov 2004, at 21:22, MIKE AHERN wrote:

> to anyone that has recieved a copy of the "speed corrected buffalo &
> mystery disc" vine i started a bit ago, i need your help in keeping a
> promise to a very important sofa.
> i told him i would gladly burn him a copy, forgot to do so, apologized
> for flaking out, and went to burn him a copy of these vine discs.
> opened nero and...
> ....  my computer froze up.... 10 minutes of contol-alt-delete yielded
> no results, so i powered the thing down.
> fried my hard drive.
> ugghhhhh
> never mind the 70 or so shows that was sitting on there, or all of the
> bank-breaking programs that i got with "questionable" origin, but what
> really is killing me is the 600 or so individual photshop files, each
> representing between 2-6 hours worth of work.
> uggghhhhhh
> anyway, when i get the time, i'm gonna pull the drive, install it as
> a slave drive in another computer and pray that i can pry open that
> sucker long enough to pull those files out
>
> so heres the request: will someone PLEASE SEND SOFA a copy of the
> buffalo & mystery discs vine. ???
>
> i will gladly cover the b&p for them, as i was the one who promised to
> cover them for him. just please write me off list. i'll send the b&p
> right out, as soon as i get the email while stealing time here at work
>
> thanks for everything
> mike

> Yahoo! Groups Links

"I'm gonna be on you like stink on a Adam Sandler movie!"
- Roy D Mercer

Do you Yahoo!?
Meet the all-new My Yahoo! Try it today!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here