Danny,

I have downloaded stuff from EZtree that had 2 second gaps. Did you
check the discs before you sent them? I downloaded a ZZ Top show one
time, and burned 2 sets of discs. I sent one copy to a buddy of mine.
A couple of days later I listened to my copy and 'D'oh!!', 2 second
gaps. EZTree is not immune to errors. Just a thought...

Larry

--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, Danny ODare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi there!
> I've just noticed the list activity chat. No comment!
> I started the vine below. The Munich '79 my mate downloaded from
EasyTree, put it on two discs, and gave then to me. Then i started the
vine, in the spirit of generosity and deep love for my fellow man and
woman (I know, I know, call me idealistic ...). Anyway, I just copied
the two discs, so I couldn't have put the 'two second' gap in by
mistake (which can be done, of course, relatively easily!!), as the
'original' was 'gapless'.
> The Austin '73 was an 'extra' or 'gift' disc that came with
something else (a vine to pass on). Naturally, I cannot remember who
sent it or what the 'attached' vine was! However, it sounded perfect
to me, no gaps, and I just copied it.
> If that helps in anyway to help dispel the confusion, great! If not,
oh well, never mid, no problem ...
> Festive greetings,
>
> DANNY
>
> Hi Danny,
>
> Maybe you've seen the list activity today, but I got this show from
you and sent it to Scott, who has noticed 2 second gaps.  I checked my
copies and they are there, although I am at a loss to explain how I
overlooked it.  I guess my question is this:  did you get the discs
you sent me from another person, or were they copies?  If there were
from another viner, then we all have the same problem.  If you can
help us out, that's be great.  We're just trying to backtrack to solve
the problem.

> thanks,
> Joseph
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: abxer3p

on to the first person to contact me offlist with the usual promise to
reoffer.  The Munich show IS NOT the one from 1980 which has been
circulating here, but is  a nice recording of the large band Frank had
at the time.  The Austin show sounds fantastic, and of course, so does
the band.