lets all take a step back here. I am sure whatever happened was far from on purpose and will get rectified without any further intervention. I belong to other lists where you wouldn't believe how crappy the people are, and how you never even receive discs promised.  Just a lot of cheeky remarks publicly when you enquire. This group was like a breath of fresh air when I joined, everyone has been really helpful, honest and friendly. That attitude in itself is the policing! And guilt the punishment for not conforming.

----- Original Message -----
From: abxer3p
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2005 12:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] VINE POSTPONED FOR 3-31-79

Hello everyone,

I passed the vine to Scott, but I sent him the vine discs.
I checked my discs this evening, which are my copies, not the vine discs, and they have the 2 second gaps also.  That's very strange, because I could *swear* I checked that out, I always do.  Can't explain that.  I never burn with gaps, and I've checked some of my other discs, and they don't have them.  I got the vine from _________, and so I am guessing that I burned disc-at-once and missed seeing the gaps.  I'm very sorry.  The gaps must be on the vine disc.

I agree that this could be avoided, and if I had only caught the flaw, I would have asked about this problem, and Scott wouldn't have it too.

I will contact the person I got the vine from.  I'm not sure he sent me copies or the original discs, although they looked like them.  Not even sure he sarted the vine.

apologies,
Joseph