I'm quite sure its the early show 3/31-79 Münich. That was the one
with the gaps and it starts with a 12 minute "The Deathless Horsie"

regards
Carsten

--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, Jim L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What vine are we talking about here? I've lost track again.
>
> Jim L

occasionally MusicMatch.  I was able to copy all of disc two (so now I
have all of it but track one on my HD), but track 1 of disc 1 won't
rip.  As it is, I really don't have any working CD players other than
my CD-ROMs on my computer.  The track *plays* fine, but won't copy.
And while I could re-burn the rest of it as it is, the first track,
The Deathless Horsie, is about 12 min and includes the band
introductions, so I'd really like to have it.

>   mystified,
>   Joseph

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 12:30 AM
>     Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] question
>

>     That is very strange indeed. a cda file is in fact a cd-da
marker. In other words if you put a regular music CD in your PC and
explore the disc you should see only cda files. There should be no wav
files on a music CD. The CD-DA (compact disc digital audio) format
can't be supported as such on a hard drive and the cda files are
actually just markers to let your computer know that the disc contains
CD-DA. The question is why would there be wav files on the disc? If
you put that disc in a stand alone player the CD-DA or cda file should
be the only one that plays. Unless your player plays wav and mp3 as
some DVD players and car audio players do. The gaps you have been
hearing are probably just there from the application you use to play
wav on the PC. Like if you were playing a group of mp3's. It could be
that if you take the wave files and burn them DAO set for no gap you
might have a good CD. Except for that mysterious track one. It could
be ripped to a wave file though with EAC. Or if your not familiar with
EAC some other ripper like Nero Or Roxio. Just be sure to rip it to
wav and not to mp3 to maintain full CD quality sound.

>     Jim L

Munich show, I have copied all of disc one to my hard drive.  However,
I cannot copy track one, as my software says it can't copy a .cda
file.  Well then, how do I access this track?  All the others on disc
one are .wav files.

http://www.thebignote.com or http://www.killuglyradio.com , thank you.

>     For further Z-related fun, please visit
http://www.thebignote.com or http://www.killuglyradio.com , thank you.

>     For further Z-related fun, please visit
http://www.thebignote.com or http://www.killuglyradio.com , thank you.

>       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>       c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of Service.