I think Milhouse has it all figured out now. It was just a player incompatibility thing. He found one of the few DVD players that don't play VCDs and of course your right that even the original VCD discs I made for Barcelona 88 don't have a VIDEO_TS folder. Burnatonce doesn't have a VCD authoring feature but it can make perfect duplicates of existing VCDs. I recently found this software called vcdgear and used it to make the discs for "The Torture Never Stops" vine. It doesn't make any menus and so the discs are even more compatible than some others I've made. It also doesn't have any re-rendering capability and so can only be used with an existing mpeg file that's VCD compliant. Fortunately my capture card can make such a file. While I made a DVD version I did a separate rip for the VCD at it's native resolution and used vcdgear to author the VCD with no re-rendering of the video necessary. This resulted in an unusually clear picture that almost rivals the DVD version. If you don't have this show this is a good copy of it.

By the way a big thank you to LRon Hoover out in California who loaned me his original Lexington Broadcast Company tape to make this from.

One of the FZ fans that downloaded the DVD version I posted on EZT did some research and this is what he came up with as far as what was from the late and early shows from this Halloween 1981-10-31. I had originally thought this was just the early show and I think the VCD may be labeled that way.
01. Black Napkins #
02. Montana #
03. Easy Meat #
04. Beauty Knows No Pain #
05. I'm A Beautiful Guy #
06. Charlie's Enormous Mouth #
07. Fine Girl #
08. Teenage Wind #
09. Harder Than Your Husband #
10. Bamboozled By Love #
11. We're Turning Again *
12. Alien Orifice *
13. Flakes *
14. Broken Hearts Are For Assholes *
15. You Are What You Is *
16. Mudd Club *
17. The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing *
18. Dumb All Over *
19. Heavenly Bank Account *
20. Suicide Chump *
21. Jumbo Go Away *
22. Stevie's Spanking #
23. The Torture Never Stops #
24. Strictly Genteel #
25. The Illinois Enema Bandit #

* early show
# late show

Also included in this vine is the complete MTV broadcast from the same date. I had originally thought it was the late show but it might be a mixture as well. It does have some different tracks and includes the VJ's and is said to be MTV's first broadcast of a live show. I didn't do the rip and the picture isn't the very best but the sound is good.

Also I included a 5th disc. It's got a couple of short clips but is primarily  July 2nd, 1973 ABC Australia, TV, 48 min. If you thought the Cross Fire bit was interesting you're going to love this one. It also makes one realize just how far we have come as a society sense '73.

So 5 discs in all. Some may only want to copy some of them and some may want to copy them all.