Do you have a spare hard drive?  If not you can pick
up a 40 gig for cheap.  Put that one in as your C: and
install windows on that drive.  Then connect the
original C: as a slave and pull the files off of there
that you need, burn them to DVD (or cd).  Then format
your slave drive and put everything back on there that
you want.  Use your new smaller drive for windows and
programs, and your old C: for personal files.  Keep
everythign backed up.  Then if windows funks up again
you can wipe your C: with no fear.
jja
--- bizarredk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
> Totally Off Topic, but if any of you guys can help
> me out ....
> I'm the kind of guy who always f.... around with all
> the stuff I
> dunno anything about. Like XP services and reg files
> My comp fucked up, and I was like " well, I'll just
> put in the XP cd
> and do a repair ..." but I've installed servicepack
> 2, and my
> original XP cd is only with service pack 1 ... so it
> wouldn't use any
> files from it.
> I went to install/uninstall software. Uninstalled
> servicepack 2.
> Microsnot told me that some progs maybe couldn't run
> if I did
> that ....
> then I inserted my XP cd and repaired my
> installation. Then the pc
> wouldn't boot. I installed XP on another partition,
> works fine, I can
> access all files and move them to another comp ....
> except for files
> in C:\documents and blabla\Carsten\My documents
> I'VE GOT FREAKIN' 15GIGS OF FZ IN FLAC FORMAT IN
> THAT FOLDER!!!
> I can't format my drive as long as I can't get to
> those files ..
> I know you good people understand me, hope you can
> help me out
> I'm cryin' my tiny sick tears and promise NEVER to
> mess with windows
> again
>
> Regards
> Carsten

=====
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will
understand why I dismiss yours."
   ...Stephen F Roberts

http://my.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/pKxVKC/UOnJAA/n1hLAA/jGKolB/TM