hi all,

i'm a fairly new member of this.  the only other lists i belong to are the Tom
and Randy Newman ones.  being a "newbie" i'm not too sure how these vines work.

although i'm a newbie to this list i'm a long time FZ fan, owning most of his
lps, all
the way from Were Only In It For The Money, Lumpy Gravy, etc...  my cousin
me on to FZ when i was probably 14 or so, way back in the early 70s, i think it
the live white album.  it was the first time i ever heard someone say fuck on a
record, i was immediately hooked.

i actually met Frank during my senior year in high school (1975) while
interning at
the local progressive FM radio station here in cincinnati.  Don't You Eat the
Snow was actually being played on the radio.  he was in town to do a concert at
UC (University of Cincinnati) Fieldhouse and he dropped by WEBN to do an
interview with ginger sutton.  i got to sit in for the live interview.  the
reason i got to
be there was because i had the most complete collection of FZ albums, which
used for the info.  he arrived in a limo, came upstairs for the interview and
ginger look like a total idiot, because ginger obviously didn't know much about
it was hilarious.  i actually got to talk to him after the interview, but
became totally
tongue tied, even though i had all kinds of stuff i wanted to ask him, however
i was
able to ask him where i could find a copy of Lumpy Gravy which was probably the
only LP i couldn't find.  he thought that was pretty cool and at the time i
think that
was probably the album he was most proud of.

well that's about it for now.  might check in once in a while but glad to have
this discussion list.

todd (who still can't resist saying "there's a howard johnsons, wanna eat some
clams? whenever i see a howard johnsons, or whenever i order clams) hepburn