Another option would be to not have the progression of a vine posted via the
list, instead having a messageboard where it can be followed up (indeed, much
like KUR's Uncle Beat Forum).
Then, when someone offers a new VO, they first post it at the forum, then
announce it to the list (so that all list-members know there's a new VO at the
forum). From there on, the vine would spread on at the forum.

I could set up a forum for this at, should the powers that be
feel like this is a viable option.

Just a thought...

YM (aka Barry, Lurker Extraordinaire)