In a message dated 4/4/05 8:04:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I'd never heard this version before MITB. What was it on originally?

Sorry if this came up months ago.
"Dead Girls of London" with Van on vocals is an officially unreleased item. Zappa played it on a couple of radio broadcasts but it wasn't actually released. The song was intended for L. Shankar's album "Touch Me There" and indeed the track did appear there with Frank and Ike Willis on vocals. The Van Morisson version went unreleased because Warner Bros. objected to Van doing work on a project Zappa was involved in (and we know the history between FZ and WB).

--Milhouse