Thanks Milhouse

Just one of the treasures contained in MITB. I really enjoyed having an excuse to listen to it all last week. As it turned out one of the discs did have a defect. Rather than take any chances I decided to use my original low gen Fuji TY discs for the vine. Not before I backed them up to DVD-R of course. Steve if your reading this don't worry as I used EAC to create images with cue file and maintained the lossless quality. I couldn't help thinking about all the work you put into this as I listened. even the early stuff just sounds fantastic.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] Dead Girls of London (original version with Van Morrison)

In a message dated 4/4/05 8:04:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I'd never heard this version before MITB. What was it on originally?

Sorry if this came up months ago.
"Dead Girls of London" with Van on vocals is an officially unreleased item. Zappa played it on a couple of radio broadcasts but it wasn't actually released. The song was intended for L. Shankar's album "Touch Me There" and indeed the track did appear there with Frank and Ike Willis on vocals. The Van Morisson version went unreleased because Warner Bros. objected to Van doing work on a project Zappa was involved in (and we know the history between FZ and WB).

--Milhouse