Greetings,

I too am a newbie to this group and am curious as to how these vines work. I'm also a long (read old) time Zappa fan. My first Zappa album was "Lumpy Gravy" (bought new by my mom as my allowance that week at a department store called Klein's) and my first rock and roll show was the Flo & Eddie edition in 1971 at Stony Brook University at the tender age of thirteen. Oh, the wicked life of debauchery that ensued!
Speaking of Stony Brook, I returned there as an adult (in age, at least) and have been broadcasting on their station for quite a while now. For over ten years I've been doing one entire day of Zappa and we'll be doing it again April 17 between noon & midnight. It will be webcast at wusb.fm for those who want to tune in. It IS tied into our spring fundraising so there will be stretches of pitches to deal with but I can guarantee you the music will be choice. This one will be co-hosted by John Tabacco and Nigey Lennon and scheduled guests include Greg Russo (author of Cosmik Debris) and Charles Ulrich (currently at work on the book Project/Object).

Not Dead Yet,

Bill Amutis
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Ol' Baggy Eyes)

"We honor nothing by being the way we are. We make a desolation and we call it peace."-Jim Shepard