Hi Zappa Friends!

Frogg Café's 3rd studio CD, Fortunate Observer of Time is ready for
pre-order!

Listen to free sound samples and order yours at:
http://www.progrockrecords.com/shop/view.php?id=60
(Cds will be mailed late May)

This is really exciting for us and we would like to thank all the
people on this e-list for your support and good wishes.

We have some live shows coming up, so if you are in the neighborhood,
we'd love to see you out there:
http://www.froggcafe.com/live.html New shows have been added!

Below is the official press release from ProgRock Records out in
sunny California!

Best Wishes,
Andy Sussman for the Froggs
http://www.froggcafe.com

Press Release:

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA – 16 May 2005 – The third studio release
from New York progressive rock quintet Frogg Café is here.  Fortunate
Observer of Time delivers a combination of rigorous composition and
jazz-and-jam improvisation, painted in a diverse array of
instrumental timbres and layered under powerful vocal lines. In
addition to traditional rock instrumentation, the Frogg Café sound
incorporates trumpet, flugelhorn, violin, mandolin, trombone,
vibes/marimba, cello, flute, and more. It's a style that is
ultimately rooted in the tradition of the band's hero, Frank Zappa.
These carefully crafted songs expand on musical textures and styles
heard on their previous album, 2003's critically well-received
Creatures.

Fortunate Observer of Time is the album fans of Creatures have been
hoping for; with its release, Frogg Café has stepped up to the next
level. From the first downbeat of the rocking Eternal Optimist to the
closing notes of the motivic classical quartet Release, Frogg Café
serves up a consistent offering of contemporary progressive music for
people who love engaging songwriting.  "Frogg music incorporates so
many styles, ranging from rock to jazz to classical; we wanted to
create an album that would incorporate the traditions and approaches
we love into a unique music that makes a personal statement, that
invites you to listen closely and repeatedly, while also seriously
rocking your world." said Andrew Sussman, Frogg Café bassist.  "We
started recording the week we got back from our summer tour of
Europe, so that the momentum and the energy and the feel of the live
show could be captured on our studio CD. I think we succeeded in
that".

Fortunate Observer of Time also introduces the band's gifted new
guitarist and multi-instrumentalist Steve Uh, who steps in to replace
Frank Camiola after Frank's unfortunate departure from Frogg Café
because of a severe tinnitus condition. Sporting a guest appearance
by former Zappa percussionist Ed Mann on the 14 minute epic Abyss of
Dissension and brilliantly mastered by the Grammy-award-winning
engineer Andreas Meyer, this is a release that is not to be missed by
discerning fans of intelligent rock, one that will no doubt be on
many people's best-of lists for 2005.

Fortunate Observer of Time by Frogg Café is available for pre-order
at http://www.progrockrecords.com/shop/view.php?id=60

http://us.click.yahoo.com/pKxVKC/UOnJAA/n1hLAA/yXLolB/TM