--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, "David G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> "Lucille" is a slow, dirty blues...something that Joe
> might have enjoyed even if the record executives hated
> it. Is this song the first documented case of Reggae
> Abuse in the Zappa repertoire?

Was the Simmons version of "Lucille" reggae?  I think someone stuck a
dub of that album on a Zappa concert tape I got once - I'll have to
see if I can find that.

The fall '75 band did a reggae version of "Take Your Clothes Off When
You Dance" (heard on the OZ release), but otherwise reggae didn't show
up in Zappa's music until the fall '78 band with Vinnie and Arthur.

Pat Buzby
Chicago, IL

http://us.click.yahoo.com/c9hWNA/3MnJAA/n1hLAA/yXLolB/TM