From: SOFA
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 4:19 AM
Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] Mental CT Hygiene Delemma

There are lots of nice audio editing suites out there John; I happen to use Soundforge 4.5. This is an old program that was given to me a long time ago... They have since upgraded to a 6 or better? Anyway, Sonic Foundry, who make it, have their shit together afa I'm concerned.
Editing programs can be costly; I'd find someone with a Soundforge program who'd be willing to share with you - as I did. I like Soundforge because of it's ease. I had no manual, or instructions with it and I could operate it immediately (and I am like supremely stupid with techie things).
CoolEdit is another program that's kinda popular...
I bet JimL could quote a raft of options.
For my money - or complete lack thereof - it's Soundforge.
SOFA