Thanks Jim, Carsten seems to have nailed it.
----- Original Message -----
From: Jim L
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 2:11 PM
Subject: RE: [Zappa-List] I'm With The Band - Confessions of A Groupie

Is this it?

This one started as an ape file vine. Then someone offered to start a second vine and he called it wav but I think it was actually CDDA (compact disc digital audio) or regular music CD. Because so many on this list are not familiar with ape, flac, and shn (compressed wav files for mastering) everyone jumped on that one. I guess it officially started here when SOFA listed both vines but with separate lists.