It's another standard/medium yet again, but for digital transmission between computers rather than through the air to an ariel and a domestic TV. It would require either a pc or a domestic player able to read it.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:04 PM
Subject: [Zappa-List] NTSC & Pal .mpg + Mac

I have a question about Mpegs stored on my hard disk (Mac).

Does anyone know how I can possibly detect if an mpg file is NTSC or
PAL, prior to burning ?

It doesn't say the standard when I look for information on the file
(control i), and it doesn't say in Toast neither.

Is there any way within MacOSX or within another application to
detect which standard a file is in ?

A.