Me too!

<< [EMAIL PROTECTED] << Richard - UK << asuokas - IRL <<

I'll be on holidays overseas, coming back September 18th.  So I
don't mind - in case the vine is moving fast - being bumped down the
queue.  Within reason of course!

Arto

--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, "Richard"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> << [EMAIL PROTECTED] << Richard - UK <<
>
> Thanks Michael

Format)

>   << [EMAIL PROTECTED] <<
>
>   -----------------------------------------------------------------
-------
>   Hi folks,
>
>   I have a few interesting bits of orchestral & big bands playing
zappa
>   stuff.. this is the first one several on this theme.
>
>   Michael.
>
>   -----------------------------------------------------------------
------
>   Disc 1 - Britten Sinfonia: 30-Nov 2000. Cambridge Corn Exchange,
>   Cambridge, England
>
>   (broadcast 11th December 2000)Performance On 3 - on BBC Radio 3
>   from 19:30-21:00 -
>   consists entirely of the Britten Sinfonia (conducted by Rumon
Gamba)
>   in a concert from the Corn Exchange in Cambridge featuring
music "from
>   two of the most original composers of late 20th century
America": John
>   Adams and Frank Zappa.
>
>   This comprises Frank's
>
>   Dog meat (Dog Breath Variations + Uncle Meat)
>   Outrage At Valdez
>   Ruth Is Sleeping
>   Harry, You're A Beast + The Orange County Lumber Truck
>   G-Spot Tornado
>   -----------------------------------------------------------------
-----
>   Disc 2 - The Ulster Orchestra, Friday 29 April. Ulster Hall,
Belfast,
>   7.45 pm
>
>   Sonorities' Festival of contemporary music
>   Dog Breath Variations - The Music of Frank Zappa
>
>   Philippe Nahon conductor
>   --
>
>   About the Ulster Orchestra
>
>   Mission statements embody the values and the vision of an
>   organisation. Enriching life through music is a clear
articulation of
>   the goals and the dreams of the Ulster Orchestra, shaping the
>   Orchestra's strategies and determining its day-to-day behaviour.
The
>   passion and commitment of this Orchestra is second-to-none.
>   The Ulster Orchestra, based in Belfast, is a cornerstone of
cultural
>   life in Northern Ireland. It employs 63 full-time musicians and
next
>   year it will be celebrating forty years of musical achievement.
As
>   Northern Ireland's only professional symphony orchestra, its
tours
>   throughout Europe, to Asia and the USA have enhanced the
reputation of
>   this region. The Ulster Orchestra gives about two dozen concerts
in
>   its Belfast season, mainly on Friday evenings, but a new Saturday
>   strand is being developed with an eye to creating special events
>   across the season to attract an ever-wider audience.
>   Most of those concerts take place in either the Waterfront or
Ulster
>   Halls. The Orchestra also gives concerts in many other centres
across
>   Northern Ireland, including Armagh, Coleraine, Derry/Londonderry
and
>   Enniskillen.
>   Education and outreach activities which help to break down
barriers
>   and share the excitement of live music-making form a vital part
of the
>   Orchestra's work. Such activity is driven by a strong commitment
>   developing home-grown talent and building the audiences of the
future,
>   regardless of any seemingly disadvantaging barriers, whether
social,
>   racial or financial.
>   Accessibility has been a key factor in the development of the
>   Orchestra's web-site with its on-line booking facility and its
news,
>   reviews and archival content.
>   The Ulster Orchestra has made over 60 CD recordings, several of
which
>   have won awards. Its special relationship with the BBC, the
>   Orchestra's exclusive broadcast partner, results in many
recordings
>   (and many extra public Invitation Concerts), commissions and
>   performance relays for BBC Radio 3, Radio Ulster and BBC TV.
>   The Ulster Orchestra seeks the help of individuals and
businesses to
>   maintain its work. It is important that the Orchestra can
demonstrate
>   that its community support is widespread and that the Orchestra's
>   financial base has a broad foundation, rooted in that community.
>   The Orchestra values the continued support of its principal
funders -
>   the Arts Council of Northern Ireland (including the National
Lottery),
>   the BBC and Belfast City Council. Their monies, along with the
income
>   generated from ticket sales, contribute hugely to the running of
the
>   Orchestra. However, to achieve a secure future and maintain the
>   highest musical quality, there is always a substantial amount to
be
>   found from other sources. That extra money helps to address the
>   shortfall, paying for education and outreach projects, securing
>   internationally-renowned soloists and conductors, and funding
>   inspirational programmes which usually require enlarged
orchestral forces.

>   ---
>

>   Hear And Now
>   Sonorities: Dog Breath Variations
>   Saturday 9 July 2005 (Radio 3)
>
>   The music of Frank Zappa is explored by the Ulster Orchestra
conducted
>   by Philippe Nahon in a concert from the recent Sonorities
festival in
>   Belfast.
>   Presented by Sarah Walker in conversation with Zappa biographer
Ben
>   Watson.
>
>   Presenter: Sarah Walker
>   Producer: Andrew Kurowski
>   Broadcast Assistant: Patrick Johns
>

>   Dog Breath Variations - The Music of Frank Zappa
>
>   'The Perfect Stranger' (13'56")
>   'Naval Aviation in Art?' (2'37")
>   'Dupree's Paradise' (9'32")
>   'Revised music for low budget orchestra' (7'39")
>   'Envelopes' (4'21")
>   'The Dog Breath Variations/Uncle Meat' (5'21")
>   'Get Whitey' (6'56")
>   'G-spot tornado' (4'02")
>

>   For further Z-related fun, please visit
http://www.thebignote.com or http://www.killuglyradio.com , thank