On Sunday, October 30, 2005, at 11:52  AM, Cris Haldenby wrote:

> I'm afraid I won't be contributing for a while. We've just had some
> bad news.

    So saddened to hear your news, but don't give up hope yet.  It's
amazing what can happen.  In my own battle with cancer this year I've
encountered a lot of sick people who have tales of recovery or, if not
recovery, vital good quality life much longer than anybody anticipated.
  A good trick I found is to keep talking about it to all sympathetic
ears (like here, fer instance).  In my instance, other people got me
through the stuff I couldn't do, like face my own reality. And then act
on it.
    We're rooting for you and your family.

Not Dead Yet,

Bill Amutis
(Ol' Baggy Eyes)

"I don't think about the future.  It comes soon enough."-Albert Einstein