Hi SOFA, I hear you,

I know folks can be touchy about what was the best.  I read about differences
in YAWYI versions, but love the CD, *the material*, and that's usually the case
with other albums with various mixes/overdubs.  Perhaps unfortunately, I first
heard the overdubbed WOIIFTM and Reuben, and loved them both.  After hearing
the original tracks for Money, I loved them too, but in a different way ... the
way I hear the songs when I'm at work is probably the Art/Chad version.  Maybe
it's simply what you identify with first, bond with first, that you carry

As far as Sleep Dirt goes, I heard the versions with vocals first, but longed
to hear them without them, and liked that feature on Lather.  But then I always
hear ZINY (my first) in censored album order.  Isn't that amazing?

love it all,

>You're treading a delicate area here...
>I bought Sleep Dirt when it came out, and enjoyed it very much. Years later, I
>heard the cuts with vocals, and enjoyed it very much. I've never been critical
>enough to go after all the different versions, because (with the checking I've
>done) I end up liking them very much...
>Ya see?
>The only way to answer your question properly is for you to collect, and
>listen to, all the versions out there and then decide which one that you like
>best - and you'll probably like most, if not all, of them. Countless net hours
>are logged discussing things that are merely a matter of personal taste (not
>that I'm against that; I'm sure someone else will chime in with a different

Know an art & music fan? Make a donation in their honor this holiday season!