I can't "answer" for the copy of Lather you have (I've never played mine on my PC), but I do recall the tracking phenomenon you mention from the vinyl days. I think your assessment is as good as any I've heard.
And while it has been a few years since my emailing, I received a very nice response from Don by contact via his website http://www.donpreston.com/ . As I recall, the response was not immediate, which he explained by his touring schedule.
I've never seen a website devoted entirely to Ian.
And welcome to the List...
For further Z-related fun, please visit http://www.thebignote.com or http://www.killuglyradio.com , thank you.
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
- [Zappa-List] New To Group with Questions- sharpdressedmaniac2005
- RE: [Zappa-List] New To Group with Questions- Jim L
- Re: [Zappa-List] New To Group with Questio... mr_and_mrs_skull
- [Zappa-List] Re: New To Group with Que... sharpdressedmaniac2005
- Re: [Zappa-List] New To Group with Questions- jcoonk
- [Zappa-List] Re: New To Group with Questions- Guy