This is true; I checked Snopes.com and here's the link to check it yourself

 Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411
information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a
telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more
of a problem.

When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial 1 (800)
FREE 411, or 1 (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all.
This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it
on to your family and friends. This works on your home telephone as well!

Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business. __._,_.___

Personals Fun family vacation Fun ride
Family fun Fun christmas gift

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS