--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, "Dawayne Bailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have a question about the way we share DVDs on here. I just received
the KCET DVD from John G in Kansas. It's in PAL format and needs to be

I'm curious as to why we have USA members who share a DVD in Euro
format which needs to be converted before we can watch it on a regular
DVD player.

Then we have European people sharing it amongst themselves in their
own proper format without having to convert it.

My main question is why are the USA people sending around a PAL
version of these DVDs instead of having someone convert it and share
it in our own format?

Yes, I know they will play in our computers but doesn't anyone else
like me enjoy playing these right away in your home system?

I will send on the PAL version to the next person but if that person
is in the USA, doesn't it make more sense to send them a converted