Can I just add my two penn'orth to this thread.

I too have in the past received TAO audio discs in trades and been
obviously disappointed.

However, I've also received audio discs where the 2 second gaps have
been removed (by what method I do not know) BUT there still remains a
tiny "glitch" in sound as one track changes to the next which, whilst
not as bad, still shows the origin to be an inferior copy.

My conclusion is that whilst you might want to try removing the gaps
in a TAO recording for your own listening pleasure, I don't think
that discs treated in such a way should ever become masters for a
vine. It is far better to source an original copy.

Even if there are better "corrective" programmes out there than the
one used on the discs I've heard, I do think the same policy should
apply.

This would be just as bad as vining an audio disc sourced from mp3's
in my opinion.

We shouldn't knowingly corrupt the vine pool if we can help it.

Cheers
Les.