I don't know if any Zappa collectors would be interested in this
vinyl LP I have but it was released in 1968 - it's called LAB '68 and
features the North Texas Stae University Lab Band (One O'Clock Lab
Band) from Denton, TX.

There are some Zappa alumni on this album. Here's a list of songs and
players. The album is very clean and hardly played...if at all. On
Century Records.

Side 1:
Codify
Childhood
Who Will Buy?
Sweet William
Norwegian Wood

Side 2:
Ol' Five Spot
Hello Young Lovers
Flashes

- - - - -

Some of the players who went on to great gigs are:

trumpet:
Gary Grant
Sal Marquez
Jay Saunders
Mark Hettle

trombone:
Tom Malone
Bruce Fowler
Jeff Sturges

reeds:
Lou Marini
Ray Loeckle

keys:
Bobby Henschen

drums:
Ed Soph

conducted by Leon Breedon

here's a link:
http://www.jazz.unt.edu/?q=node/303

It's interesting to note that when Lou, Bruce, Sal and Tom were in
this college band, The Mothers were recording and performing all
those classics that they would play later with FZ.