On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 05:34:04AM +0000, Devrandom wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 9:30 PM Peter Todd <p...@petertodd.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 10:11:00PM +0000, Devrandom wrote:
> > > Update on boostrapping via mrustc - I'm waiting on the author to resolve
> > > https://github.com/thepowersgang/mrustc/issues/33.
> >
> > FWIW, I'm pretty sure you don't actually need cargo to compile the rust
> > compiler; have you gotten mrustc to compile Rust itself?
> >

> The actual failure is in the rustc that was built by mrustc - see last line
> of pasted blob.  Cargo is just used for convenience to trigger the build
> steps (and will be replaced by a script once this issue fixed).

Ah I see - you're using the Original Rust Cargo binary, telling it to call
mrustc's rustc instead of the Original Rust rustsc, with the aim of building
the original Rust compiler with mrustc, and the error was in mrustc's rustc.

Yes, I think that's a pretty reasonable first step! Just a confusing mishmash
of names. :)