I guess I meant mining and contributing to this.  I didn't mean to come off as rude so I do apologize if it seemed that way.

On 1/2/2018 9:39 PM, Andrew Miller via zapps-wg wrote:
Hi Kevin, thanks for your note, I think we were just thrown off by the word "mining" and wondered if you were in the wrong place :) Do you want to go next? If so Sean will designate you a spot in the queue...

To contribute, I'd suggest reading a sample of a few reports from people who have gone earlier, for where to find the software and possible steps you can take to contribute with good opsec.
https://github.com/ZcashFoundation/powersoftau-attestations

You can get the software to run from this github repository: https://github.com/ebfull/powersoftau/ though others have made mirrors and dockerfiles etc you could use too.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 7:11 PM, Zx100 via zapps-wg <zapps...@lists.z.cash.foundation <mailto:zapps...@lists.z.cash.foundation>> wrote:

    Excuse us? You asked "how do I start mining?" which is completely
    unrelated to the topic at hand. You are not entitled to a
    response, especially since it takes two minutes to Google for the
    official information.

    -------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Re: [zapps-wg] Powers of Tau contribution
    Local Time: January 3, 2018 12:45 AM
    UTC Time: January 3, 2018 12:45 AM
    From: zapps...@lists.z.cash.foundation
    <mailto:zapps...@lists.z.cash.foundation>
    To: zapps...@lists.z.cash.foundation
    <mailto:zapps...@lists.z.cash.foundation>

    Not to hijack the thread, but I've asked how to contribute and
    was not given an answer.

    On 1/2/2018 3:12 PM, Tony Arcieri via zapps-wg wrote:
    I have finished running Powers of Tau. Here is the output:

    The BLAKE2b hash of `./response` is:
    d129d960 a645c735 ec52fc80 91f081d1
    a6e4ff78 90e4fa55 51faa85e 95e3878a
    96bd0c07 8315c0d4 e8e3f1a3 26dbb607
    1ea2b43b 844a0d1e 0a3bca5a 8e21c3a5

    I'm not a fan of GPG, but I can post a raw Ed25519 signature of
    ./response, with Base64 public key:

    a7aP6Okqx1YBtRubECVoiY2Z4reR34F9BPuPwTtxpQU

    I have also posted this same public key to Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/bascule/status/948285074872532992
    <https://twitter.com/bascule/status/948285074872532992>

    The Base64url signature on my response under the aforementioned
    key is:

BkDDl831jxB21rPHX-6pC1REdZ2UoZs_sGuAfCTt8xAP_E-Cva6Qg72fjX8yuMG-ufn3sc4FoAuMKGMT_OGPBQ

    I have since destroyed the private key/scalar used to produce
    this signature.

    --

    Tony Arcieri