Very happy to hear about the go implementation for a couple of reasons:

- this gives us another path to trusted binaries from pure source + gcc
- this may work well on ARM64, which gives us another architecture - one
that doesn't have a management engine (in contrast, mrustc currently only
works on x86)

It would be good to look into how distributions compile their go binaries -
whether they use the latest version of the toolchain, or they bootstrap
from golang 1.4 (which only depends on gcc).  If they use the latest, it
would be good to have people compile their own from source.

About the mrustc work that I've done - I don't think the lack of
determinism is a showstopper.  It just means that contributors have to
compile from source, which is time consuming.  Perhaps there was some
miscommunication about that?