> since 0.1.0 is out now, I'd like to get things going again
> and start working on synctex support.

Since DVI format is being pushed aside by the adoption of beamer and
tikz, synctex support for LaTeX previewing via pdf is getting more and
more important.
(By the way, I still prefer working with the lighter DVI+xdvik+source
specials previewing when possible)

Although I don't think I would be able to implement that, I would
warmly recommend against adopting unneeded complexity layers like
dbus, which is deployed, e.g., for evince's syntex support.
I'm sure that working with command line arguments, like the good old
xkdvi does, would be just better.

I am grateful to developers for the good product they delivered.