Sebastian Ramacher wrote:
> On 2013-01-29 21:11:02, Benoît Knecht wrote:
> > Hi Diego,
> >
> > Diego Joss wrote:
> > > I have had issues with with g_content_type_guess guessing wrong on
> > > some pdfs (it would return "text/plain" or
> > > "application/octet-stream"). Thus here is a patch against 0.2.2 wich
> > > replaces the use of g_content_type_guess with libmagic in  guess_type
> > > (document.c:518).
> >
> > It would also be great if you could do localization on the message
> > strings (using "_()"). It doesn't look like any of the girara_warning
> > strings in zathura are localized, but I don't see any reason why not.
> I think we decided to keep all the girara_{info,debug,warning,error}
> messages unlocalized since they are only meant to be additional info.
> Proper error messages should be displayed with girara_notify. There are
> enough places where that's not the case, though.

I could perhaps understand that point for girara_debug, because it's in
principle not meant to be shown to or understood by end-users; but I
don't see how it holds for girara_warning, and even more so for
girara_error (the end-user should definitely know what went wrong there,
and if they don't understand English, they can't).

But that's a more general point, and shouldn't be addressed in this
patch alone.

Do you think it would be worth localizing all those strings, or do you
prefer to stick with the way things are now?

Benoît Knecht