On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 04:09:45AM +0100, Sebastian Ramacher wrote: > On 2013-03-25 04:59:58, Marwan Tanager wrote: > > On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 03:53:06AM +0100, Sebastian Ramacher wrote: > > > On 2013-03-24 07:28:03, Marwan Tanager wrote: > > > > While browsing the bug tracker for related issues, I found the one at > > > > http://bugs.pwmt.org/issue95 which points out the 0.0.8.5 version as > > > > not > > > > suffering from this problem. I built it and experimented. The result > > > > was that > > > > the total amount of memory consumed by scrolling through the length of > > > > the > > > > 1300-pages document was comparable to the one with this patch. So, > > > > there must > > > > be something messy happening with cairo_surface_destroy when it's get > > > > called > > > > from the timeout function while scrolling. Maybe it's non-reentrant and > > > > some > > > > mess happens when it's called concurrently from both the timeout > > > > function and > > > > the render thread. But if that's the case, then why doesn't it free > > > > the memory > > > > after the first time, even when there is no scrolling? Also, I tried to > > > > experiment with mutexes around the cairo_surface_destroy calls on the > > > > render > > > > thread and zathura_page_widget_update_surface but nothing surprising > > > > has > > > > happened. > > > > > > I played a bit with the code tonight. What puzzles me is that it works > > > for the first time but not for any subsequent purge operations. As far > > > as I can tell, the ref counters of the surface are 1 and thus > > > cairo_surface_destroy should free the image. cairo_surface_destroy is > > > definitely called, but I really don't know why nothing happens . > > > > I've done exactly the same test and made sure the ref count is always 1 > > before > > the call. That's exactly what drove me nuts! > > Yes, it's totally weird. > > One further note: With the ps plugin the behavior is totally different > as far as I can tell.
I've just tried with two document, one postscript and the other djvu. On my side, things seem to work well with djvu, but are still buggy with postscript. Marwan _______________________________________________ zathura mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org http://lists.pwmt.org/mailman/listinfo/zathura