On 2014-01-05 15:24:41, zathura-pwmt....@stefan-klinger.de wrote:
> On 2014-Jan-05, Sebastian Ramacher wrote with possible deletions:
> > > Recently, however, I've realised that running `zathura` for the first time
> > > also launches the following *five* processes (observed via `top`):
> [...]
> > Note this will happen with any GTK+ 3 application, not only zathura.
>
> Now I'll have to find out why GTK+3 is doing this...

At some point the GTK+ developers decided that accessability by default
is a good thing. I don't remember the bug number, but this should have
happened some time around the release of GTK+ 3.6.

> [...]
> > >   2. Can I avoid them being started?
> >
> > Setting NO_AT_BRIDGE=1 in your environment should stop GTK+ 3 from
> > starting the AT bridge.
>
> Yes, that solved my problem!  I wonder what other issues I've earned that
> way...

It should also be possible to rebuild GTK+ 3 with --without-atk-bridge
if you want to get rid of it (at least according to the changelog entry
for GTK+ 3.5.6).

Regards
--
Sebastian Ramacher