On 2014-08-14 17:54:03, Igor Almeida wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to implement a 'float selection' functionality, to be able
> to extract some selected region (maybe with right-click, to distinguish
> from current behavior?) to a separate window.
> This would be useful for keeping a diagram visible while I read its
> description along the original document's text, for example. With a long
> enough text, eventually you need to scroll and lose sight of what the
> document is referring to.
>
> Can anyone offer hints as to how I could implement that with zathura?
>
> Today, I can mimic that by opening a second instance and shrinking the
> window to fit only what I want to see, which is far from ideal.
>
> I'm not really sure if this needs to be specific to the PDF plugin, but
> that's my main goal for now.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

So, there is already code to store the text of a selected area in the
clipboard. I think you can adapt the code to just copy parts of the
rendered image instead of the text.

See page-widget.c for details. In particular
cb_zathura_page_widget_button_release_event.

Let me know if you need more info.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher