On 2014-11-02 16:22:35, Alexander Baier wrote:
> Hello pwmt-devs!
>
> Is there any way to tell a running zathura instance to change the page
> it is currently displaying? If I simply issue the following command
> line, a second instance of zathura is started. I, however, want the
> already running instance (displaying /tmp/test.pdf) to display page 5.
>
>   zathura --page=5 /tmp/test.pdf
>
> I want this to work on every PDF, which implies (IIUC) that using the
> synctex support is not an option here.
>
> If the description above was not clear, just try the the above with
> evince or okular to see what I am talking about. Okular accepts an extra
> option "--unique" to toggle this behaviour. Evince just always does
> this - if you want it or not.
>
> Is this achievable with the current zathura version? And if not, would
> you consider adding such a feature in a future version?

The D-Bus interface offers a GotoPage method. You can do the same what
we do for --syntex-forward: look for a prg.pwmt.zathura instance that
has the correct file open (check the filename attribute) and run
GotoPage on it. The code that does this for --synctex-forward is located
in dbus-interface.c (iterate_instances_call_synctex_view).

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher